Monday, March 18, 2013

Another great Sandra Dallas read!!


I am well into my Sandra Dallas read-a-thon - Persian Pickle Club, Whiter Than Snow, Prayers For Sale, Diary of Mattie Spencer - and now Alice's Tulips!! 

I will say this - so far none have disappointed.  A couple of them have been "slow starters" and I was wondering if the bloom was off the rose.  But the author has come through every time.

This one is an epistolary novel - a tricky format because sometimes you want more than the letters can reveal.  But in this case, there are enough details to get you through the process.

As a veteran letter-writer however, I'm not sure anyone could really write such detailed letters - especially a mid-west farmer's wife!!

But we don't call it "the willing suspension of disbelief" for nothing!!
 


No comments: