Friday, March 29, 2013

Just finished -


So, I just finished my 7th Sandra Dallas novel - and found out it was her first! Mighty auspicious start, I must say.  The reviews said it best - the strength is not in the story - the plot lines are old and hackneyed - but in the characters, the dialogue, and recreation of a time past.

It is quite different from her other books.  I have noticed that some of them - those that deal with the boom-town Gold Rush days of Colorado - seem very similar in tone and depiction.  The others just seem to be a little life unto themselves.  I like both kinds!!

She has 10 novels and 7 non-fiction works.  So I still have more to read.  But I'm taking a little detour with my book group pick and the new latest Maisie Dobbs!

But you just might enjoy reading about Buster Midnight and the Unholy Three!

No comments: