Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Finding the Bluebird of Happiness - one month at a time!


Eliza suggested this book to me.  I took several weeks to read it - it can be read in parts that way - a plus for me, since I can't always deal with non-fiction in long stretches.  I like these kinds of books as an accompaniment for eating lunch or a solo dinner here at home or the SSR time slot at school.

Ms. Rubin has divided her project into monthly installments.  I liked that format.  She also has a blog for this project, and I enjoyed when she shared readers' comments from that.  She had lots of personal examples, and that is another plus in my book.

The concept is a valid one, and many of her ideas resonated with me.  So does the idea of organizing a way to achieve goals in a realistic manner.  I'm not sure I'm going to do it her way - I keep thinking I just "need to get organized" and everything else will fall into place!!

But I do plan to start this summer - today in fact - with de-cluttering the back office!

I know that will make me happy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I liked this book too. I think she has some good ideas, but I think it is better to spend some time thinking and planning for what would make me (or you) happy, instead of following what she did.

grannybabs said...

I think that's her point - what worked for her wouldn't necessarily work for everyone - too bad someone can't come up with just what we need so we don't have to do the work! I think she wanted to show that a personalized plan worked for her - and so we should personalize something for ourselves. I'm having a time just keeping my don't buy any new books resolution!