Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Very long ago now!!


If I had graduated in June - like most people do now - I would be getting ready to celebrate my 50th anniversary of graduating from high school.

But  I graduated in January of 1963 - back in the day when LAUSD and other districts graduated students every semester.  I consider it a superior system, but I guess no one else does, because it's been done away with!

Some friends of mine from my high school days are planning an informal potluck this month.  And apparently the June class has something planned for September, and they have invited us.  They also invited us to their 20th celebration, and it was less than satisfactory.  But I may go anyway.

Meanwhile, I am sorting and purging once again - as is my wont in the summer time - and have come across some real treasures.  This isn't
 one of them - but it is a happy note to reflect on - and the photograph was taken by Greg deRoulhac - a school chum of mine that I sometimes refer to.  His full name was Gregoire Blount deRoulhac - always a mouthful - and always gets some attention.

I have no idea where he is or what he is doing.  But now you know he was a real person and not just a name I made up!

2 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

i think it is important to note the tilt of mom's head. mom - you may be the original head tilter. :-)

grannybabs said...

Maybe it is genetic!!