Monday, January 12, 2009

Agnes Marietta Busath Clayton


Friday the 9th was my Grandma Clayton's birthday. I had meant to post on time, but didn't.


So I will post late.

My grandmother died when my father was 17. But he always talked about her. Every Mother's Day when he talked about her, he always got very emotional. She must have been a big influence in his life, because she was always very close and real to him. I enjoyed hearing about her, since her name is my middle name - I would ask my father's cousins about her, and they told me stories about her. She sounds like a lovely person.

When my dad died, it was just before Harry and Dawn's wedding. Dad had been quite ill, and Mom had not gone many places. So I asked her if she wanted to go with us to El Paso - we were driving.

She said, "If they told your dad he could come back, he would say no. He is finally reunited with his mother, and he has been waiting for that for a long time. So I might as well go with you."

I look forward to meeting her.

No comments: