Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year's Resolutions


This photo has little to do with the post - but I always think I need a photo - Karl says I do - but it does represent the busyness and chaos and good times we've been having these past two weeks!


I generally don't make New Year's resolutions. Maybe I used to - but I don't remember - either if I did or what I resolved.

What I used to always do was go and get a new calendar or notebook and "get organized." And this morning as I was putting stuff in my purse for church, I realized with horror that I didn't even have a current personal calendar!

Life is just happening and I'm losing track or momentum or something!!

Or maybe it's been a very full and busy and wonderful holiday season and I've missed the boat - for the moment anyway. I have some returns to make and some packages to mail, so after school tomorrow, I will go return and mail and stop at Office Depot for a new calendar.

I guess a number of the December and January birthdays are going to be remembered late. A number of other things might be late too - but I will at least have the "to do" list in a safe place. And no one will be surprised to get a late Christmas card from me.

I do remember that my mail-in traffic school is due January 16th. And the bills are due by the 11th. And the first ward conference is January 25th. And the Women's Conference is January 31st - and that's Ara's b-day too. And the Bolander girls are coming Martin Luther King weekend. And we work at the temple this weekend. And Joan and Fred are coming to stay until their place in Loma Linda is available. And I have a Presidency meeting next Sunday. And I have an appointment with the podiatrist on Wednesday. And my new glasses are ready to pick up. And the shirts are ready for pickup at the cleaners on Thursday. And Leslie and Sam are coming at the end of the month.

Hey, why do I need a calendar??

2 comments:

Amy Girl said...

Excellent memory!

What I loved most about our break was I did not have to remember anything. But, it's Monday and they're back to school, and I've already begun my rememberings.

bonny with a Y said...

i agree - sounds like you have no need for a calendar.

and i agree with amy - i have already decided that we're only doing piano and soccer this week - i'll get everyone organized by next week.