Friday, January 16, 2009

No regrets!!


My m.o. for blogging is often, "Let's look through the photos and see what inspires me."

This is Douglas Street in Salt Lake City in 1970 - in January or February.

We lived there. And I walked to work in this kind of weather. (It's about 3 blocks from the U of U, where I worked and Harry attended school.)

I have been reading posts complaining about inclement and cold weather.

We've been at 80+ for the last week. One day when I left work at 5 p.m. it was 78 degrees!!

It's supposed to be 82 tomorrow. But it is cooling down - it will only be 71 next Friday!!

I wasn't keen on moving back to SoCal when we came in 1979. But after one winter here I was heard to say, "Okay, we'll stay until the kids are grown."

Amend that to say "We'll stay. Period."

As Leslie is wont to say, "You can take the girl out of the sunshine, but you can't take the sunshine out of the girl!!"

(I'm not really trying to make you snow bunnies feel bad - but we get so much bad press for our fires, earthquakes and riots, it's good to have something to crow about!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

This weather sure is beautiful!