Friday, January 09, 2009

What to say on the 3rd day??


I found this doll that Harry is holding. I don't remember much about it - like where it came from. I believe it was a gift someone made for him.

This is why it's important to write things down - you never think you will forget something, but you will.

I remember as a young woman asking my mother about her bridal shower. She said she couldn't remember any details. I was aghast.

Ask me about my bridal shower. I can only remember that I wore a black wool sheath dress that I thought was the height of fashion - but I only know that because Joy sent me a picture a few years ago!

They also made a goofy scrapbook for me - which I still have - but I have no memory of the making of it.

And I know that Moyne and MarDel spearheaded a group gift of a bonnet style hair dryer - something most of you have never seen but I really wanted one - and was delighted to get it.

So write stuff down - I guess our brains get so full of the stuff we are dealing with now, so the other stuff just gets pushed back more and more - kind of like the shoes on the floor of my closet.

Although I have re-read the journal I kept in France - and it's all there in my handwriting - but some of those memories just aren't there anymore!

Maybe we should just enjoy the present - and record the past in case anyone ask questions!

No comments: