Saturday, September 12, 2009

Can I make it to next summer?


I finished the sequel to The Hunger Games - and the word is that the final book of the trilogy is set to come out next summer!!

I'm not sure I can wait that long!! That's the virtue of finding out how great something is long after everyone else has already discovered it. You can just line all the books up and plow through them. That's how I did Hornblower and the Maisie Dobbs' books - a much better way to do things.

Although it was fun to look forward to the various Harry Potter books.

Regardless, I have no choice but to wait!!

(In the movie Marley and Me, the character quotes Mark Twain as saying that ending a line with an exclamation point is like laughing at your own jokes! Oh well, it's an old habit with me - one I'm not liable to break any time soon!!!)

And I thought Catching Fire was even better than the first book - so my expectations are high! Mind you, it's not great literature - but it is gripping, compelling, page-turning - and there's nary a cliche in sight!!

6 comments:

Kellyry said...

You are not alone in finding out about these later than everyone else - this is the first I've heard of them! And someday, some day I will read Harry Potter. :-)

grannybabs said...

Oh, my, yes, you need to read Harry Potter!!

Leslie said...

We should not have to wait a year between books! And I know what Mark Twain said, too bad for him!!!! I am starting to lend out Catching Fire to friends, since Ellen and I have read it. Leslie

HPT said...

Nary a cliché in sight??!!!

grannybabs said...

Well, maybe "snakelike" eyes is a cliche - but it's certainly not riddled with them.

traci said...

We read Hunger Games for Book Club last month. It was interesting enough that I want to read the second book, but I think I'll wait until things settle down around here.

Good to know it's better than the first. I hated the way the first ended.