Wednesday, September 23, 2009

McBonny and McPhoebe


So here is Phoebe in her kindergarten photo - school photos are "underdone" and overpriced - but I'm glad I have them now - of course, I have more than enough of them. Too bad they don't just let you buy one for historical purposes!

And I'm pretty sure this is Bonny's kindergarten photo too - but that's not a guarantee. It's in roughly that vicinity. I know Phoebe's is because I remember shopping for that jumper - I was barely pregnant with Eliza and sick as a dog!! You seem to remember much that is associated with morning sickness!!


I remember making this top - with matching corduroy pants - the pants matched the collar on the top - in the Rock House - so that would be kindergarten.


This is Phoebe's blessing day - Alice and Dale and kids, Richard and Julie and kids and Bill and Leslie were there - not sure why Bill was in town. We had venison too!

On the couch are Dale, Jacob, Betsy, Erika, Rick, Dad, Phoebe, Harry and Bonny.

We still have the couch and Hannah has the Elizabeth and Zacharias print. And those of you with eagle eyes will note the matched set of Anthony Trollope's The Palliser Novels. I have had that set for years - never read a one of them but can't bear to part with them. We watched the PBS series of the same name on Masterpiece Theater and positively loved it!! So I was sure I would love them. But I've never gotten beyond flipping through them looking for something that would catch my eye!

And the main character is Glencora Palliser - and I really wanted to name a daughter Glencora, but Dad vetoed that idea every time!

So it's open to the rest of you!!

2 comments:

hanner said...

thanks for not letting mom name anyone glencora, dad.

bonny with a Y said...

i don't know - then they could be Glencora, from Glendora. Assuming they'd move to Glendora.