Sunday, November 14, 2010

Daily Gratitude Journal

There are few, if any, photos of Mary and Charley as infants and very small children. This may be one of the earliest. It had nothing to do with how much they were loved - but had everything to do with economic conditions and taking care of first things first! (We almost look like "po' white trash" here - but we weren't!!)

Charley has always been a great brother. He was always cheerful with me anyway!! I do recall an incident when he hit me over the head with a rake, however. It drew blood - and so I got may hair washed and curled midweek - an almost unheard of treat. I soon got over my chagrin as I proudly sashayed to school with my bouncing blonde curls!!

Charley and his lovely wife Jeanette are really good about coming down and visiting with Mom and helping out around the place. They help spruce up her yard with flowers - something that truly brings her joy.

This last time around, they persuaded Mom to return to Utah with them for a visit. Mom stayed 16 days - and had the time of her life - I think she added years to her life frankly, she was that excited and delighted with the trip.

I'm grateful to Charley for his thoughtful care of our mother!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Just want you to know, Barbara, that I am reading and enjoying your daily gratitudes this month.