Friday, December 03, 2010

Advent - day three

On the third day of Christmas my true love brought to me, three special wishes, 2 roller skates, and one very large kelp.


I always believed in Santa. That is, until Joan let the cat out of the bag!! I remember in the little house, she opened the door a crack and said, "See, there are Mom and Dad putting out the presents." I was crushed. But I kept on believing anyway! At least I kept on hoping and wishing. I would make lists of things I wanted for Christmas, knowing full well that I would not get them. Somehow the wishing was fun anyway.

We could safely wish for just about anything in the S&H Green Stamp catalog - but that wasn't the same as really wishing. Or you could wish for Vivianne Woodard cosmetics and be sure you'd get it. The boys could wish for Levi's or Pendleton shirts too.

I remember wanting a cashmere dyed to match sweater set. And a wool slim skirt to match. I never even came close to getting that, but that's what I wished for throughout my teen years. Many years later as an adult, I bought myself a sweater set - but not a cashmere one - I live in SoCal for goodness sake. But I was disappointed because I didn't really like it - and didn't think it looked very good on me either!

Maybe it's better just to wish for something and not find out that it's not as great as you think it's going to be!

No comments: