Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Parties

Christmas used to mean getting new clothes and getting dressed up. I'm not sure when it "went casual" but it certainly is! I used to plan for the family party and the adult ward Christmas party and what I was going to wear. I put as much effort into the choices as I have into what the bride's - or groom's - mother was going to wear.

As you can tell by the festive bell in my hair, I thought this was a holiday outfit. I actually like silky shirts - but they do slide around a lot and aren't always "user friendly" if you follow my drift! But I remember this one and I remember the skirt - a bias cut plaid - something that is not kind to my figure in my present state!!

And for years, I had lots of Christmas hair decor and jewelry - I even had a Christmas watch!!

And I fussed over the children's holiday wear too - starting from the very beginning!


2 comments:

hanner said...

is that aunt dorothy? one of my holiday outfits this yeah looked exactly like hers. hahaha.

grannybabs said...

That is Aunt Dorothy. And she was always a fashionista!!