Sunday, December 19, 2010

Other Christmas Birthdays!!


December Christmas memories also include celebrating Scott's birthday!!

I remember Frances saying that they would celebrate Scott's birthday on July 19th with a pool party at Grandma's - she thought a December birthday sometimes meant less fun and attention for the birthday child. It's a pretty ingenious solution - and fun!

I also remember many a Terrill Family Christmas Party that included a cake for Dad, a cake for Scott, and one year Frances made a cake for baby Jesus - since we were celebrating His birthday too!

But Scott has never seemed deprived to me - he's a big guy with a big heart full of love for everyone - he lights up the party when he walks in!!

I often say that Scott and Karen made me an aunt - a role I continue to relish.

And I love that Christmas means celebrating many birthdays!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Barbara, you say some very nice things about Scott. I agree with all of them!
I hope Scott has a great day!

Amy Girl said...

First let me say how impressed I am that my mom made a cake for baby Jesus! I may have to try that one out.

Scott is a great brother, and I agree that he does indeed light up the party when he walks in!