Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ward Christmas Parties!


Christmas means ward Christmas parties - I have lost count of the number I have attended. Oddly enough, I don't remember any as a child. Maybe they had them and we didn't go. Or maybe they didn't have them. Or more likely I have just forgotten them all! I don't remember them in Centerville either.

For most of our years in Monrovia, there was a family Christmas party, complete with Primary performances and a visit from Santa - either Charley Graham or Lloyd Chrisinger!

And then later in the week there was an adult Christmas party. I'm not sure why I don't have photos from those, because they were a very big deal!! The other women and I talked about what we were going to wear - I remember starting to look in stores around September for some stunning number to wow the folks with! I'm pretty sure I never really wowed them - but I had fun shopping.

There was a "social hour" with hot punch and hors d'ouvres. Then there was a lovely dinner, maybe a program, and often dancing!! I will tell you that Ken and Joan cut a mean rug!! We'd do the kitchen drill for the other ward on their night and they'd do it for us on our night, so no one had to work up a sweat in their party wear.

Now it's all combined - literally and figuratively. I miss the way it was - but maybe I remember it better than it was!

No comments: