Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Grandma Stevens!!


I'm pretty sure I post the same photos and tell the same story. But today is the anniversary of my Grandma Stevens' birth. Alice was born the day after. And I would say, "Oh it's too bad she missed yours by just a day." My grandma would say, "Might as well have missed it by a month, she still missed it!"

My grandma had been a stenographer, and she still had her Remington typewriter. When I was in college, she typed letters to me all the time. I loved it.

She was a wonderful Grandma - we often spent nights at her house - and that was a real treat. And I always thought she wore the most amazing jewelry. Years later, my mom gave me a box of her jewelry for a jeweled Christmas tree I was making. I remembered all the jewelry in the box - and it was all costume jewelry!!

Oh well, she was royalty to me!!

No comments: