Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Orchard House


Little Women is definitely part of the Terrill persona. We can quote lines, and we never tire of watching any of the many film versions available. We even enjoy the Broadway musical version, although we are not quite fluent in that one yet. (I have heard disturbing reports that some of the Terrill women have not actually read Little Women. I am certain they will rectify that soon!!)

And of course, the famous story about how Ara, upon learning that Annika was born, said, "Now we are our own Little Women!"

I think I would love to go visit Orchard House - where Louisa May Alcott wrote the famous novel of 4 sisters growing up in Civil War New England - with all of my girls. And my granddaughters.

For now I'm glad I could go with two of my own Little Women!!

(Notice Theo wondering where he should go since the "grown women" seemed to be standing still!!)

No comments: