Friday, April 01, 2011

You can fool some of the folks some of the time!

I probably tell this story every year, but I don't have any other good April Fool's Day stories to tell except this one, so I will tell it again.

I was pregnant with Eliza, and she was due April 6th. On April 1st, little Harry came to me and wanted to know if I had any good ideas for an April Fool joke he could pull on his teacher. I suggested that he tell everyone that the baby we were expecting had been born. We came up with a gender and a weight and a time of birth - a boy, 8 lbs., born early that morning, named Joseph Clayton Terrill! (Or maybe I said Zachary Pratt - that was another one we were tossing around.)

He came home that day really excited because his joke had truly fooled everyone - the word had spread and everyone was delighted with the news. Harry said he almost felt bad telling them "April Fool's!"

This is maybe a year before Eliza was born - just to give you an idea of how Harry looked at the time.


Eliza had the last word though - she was born on April 19th!!

No comments: