Wednesday, April 06, 2011

The Bed


Harry's Aunt Virginia, who recently died, used to tell me about how she would come home from teaching - she taught 3rd grade for 20 years - and just change into her jammies, get some snacks, turn on the TV - and get into her bed for the night!! She'd eat, read, watch TV, correct papers, talk on the phone, plan her next day's lessons - and go to sleep happy. (She did not have anyone living with her at the time, I might add!)

I could see the appeal - but you'd certainly need to have the house to yourself, now, wouldn't you!!

(I think about that often - but can't seem to get into bed very early. I usually fall asleep reading.)

Last night Harry went to basketball, so I got ready for bed and hopped in with my book. I did get through one chapter of The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate. Then I was too tired to even get up and do a nightly blog post.

Hence this early a.m. post.

But I do feel rested!!

No comments: