Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday MarDel


MarDel is the girl in black and white - sort of making a face at the camera. Alice and I and Patte N. lived together just before Harry and I got married.

I grew up in the church with Mar Del. Her dad was the first president of what is now Cal State Northridge. He was also on the High Council, and sometimes I was invited to their home for dinner after Sunday School - that's back when Sacrament meeting was in the late afternoon or evening and Sunday School was in the morning. Then we'd go to the ward where he was speaking - he was an excellent speaker.

MarDel and I don't communicate a whole lot - but when we do, we start off just where we left off - I love it - it's the mark of a true friend.

Have a great day Mar Del - I'm pretty sure she's not a blog reader - so maybe I will send her link - while I'm recuperating!!

2 comments:

Alice said...

I need to get all of your pictures from College. I don't have any of them. MarDel and Moyne (her sister and my age) are great friends. I do the same with Moyne. Happy Birthday MarDel.

grannybabs said...

I can't blame it on an anesthesia haze,becaue I did these post pre-surgery, but actually tomorrow is MarDel's b-day - and today is Marguerite Hardin's! But I'm pretty sure her b-day post will show up tomorrow!

It really doesn't matter, since neither one of them reads the blog - and I suspect you and I - meaning Alice - are the only ones who will care or notice.

May be Joy will notice!