Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just want to say . . .


This photo has little to do with the post - but I always look for some pic to post.

This is 1973 - in Phoenix AZ - we'd gone to Arizona for Charley and Jeannette's wedding. Stopped to see our good friends the Jensens. And I am wearing an apron - made by my mom. I had several of these - well, three of them - blue, red, and green - and they'd started out as mini-dresses for Donna and Leslie I think!! I actually wish I'd kept them - but I may have worn them out.

But I digress - as I am wont to do. I wanted to note that I had indeed finished the last of my Blog Handmade Giveaways - and they are packaged for mailing in the a.m.

Just FYI for any of you slackers who haven't done yours!! (j/k) I said my goal was April 1st - April 15th isn't too far off the mark!

I get labels in packs of twenty - and the empties in my sewing draw show that I've made over 80 aprons so far - I should have kept better track. I'm not sure why I should have - but you might have been impressed with the sheer volume of my efforts if I had exact numbers.

It's a good thing I enjoy making these.

9 comments:

Alice said...

You are truly a wonder. I have 6 aprons cut out but never seem to get to them. Congratulations.

grannybabs said...

The trick is to make the same one every time - whenever I try a different pattern, it seems to take forever - and if I kept making that new one, that would get fast too - so I stick with the tried and true instead of broadening my horizons!!

hanner said...

Mom, you should start an Etsy shop and start a lucrative little side business.

hanner said...

Also, I love that apron that you are wearing, you should ask Grandma if she has the pattern still!

bonny with a Y said...

i have the blue one - you gave it to me a few years a go - and i try to wear it as a mini dress only around the house ;).

so if you want to copy a pattern from it - let me know and i will send it off.

and good job finishing your aprons!

Eliza said...

well, i am probably going to take until dec 31st to do my giveaways. oh well, the rule is "this year"!

congrats on finishing so early!

grannybabs said...

If it was a business Hannah, I wouldn't enjoy doing it. I have thought about it - but I'd probably end up subbing out the work anyway.

So I'll just keep making them for friends and family and various silent auctions.

grannybabs said...

And I have tried locating the pattern with no success - I have found one that is similar - some time when Alice is in town, we should have her show us how to draft a pattern - when I've tried I have been less than successful.

Diane said...

Oh I am so happy! I got my package yesterday and practically wore my new apron to bed. I love it, the pockets are just perfect, too. I understand what you mean that if it were to be a business then it would not be enjoyable. But you've really got something here. Thank you, what a treat.

I hope your knees are feeling better...don't over do.