Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Marguerite!


Marguerite Hardin was my best friend in school. She moved away in junior high - and I took a bus ride to Chico by myself the next summer to visit her - a real high point in the life of a somewhat homebound teen.

We were in and out of touch over the years - she moved back to GH for a year in high school. And she was an attendant at my wedding reception. When we moved back to CA in 1979, we hooked up again some time in the 80's - and we went to visit. And I've called a few times and we've emailed and it's still a once in a while kind of relationship.


But whenever I do call or see her, it's right back where we started - like all good friendships. I may have to email her to check this out!! In the photo with me is Harry and Phoebe - the man in back is David Krause - one of the few people I would allow to call me Babs - his sister was named Barbara and he called her Babs, so that seemed logical. And Marguerite is holding her son.

Have a great day old friend! (Ha, ha, you are older than me today!!)

No comments: