Thursday, April 02, 2009

Long ago and far away - but just like yesterday


I go looking through the photos looking for a particular photo. Isn't it amazing how we have a memory of a photo - sometimes not really the event, just the photo that captured the moment.

And while I'm hunting a particular photo, I come across one I had forgotten about. And that little moment in time comes back.

Jenny and Phoebe go way back - to 1980 - when Sharon and I would trade babysitting each week. Jenny came on Tuesdays and Phoebe went to her house on Thursdays.

This shot is from summer of 1986, so the girls were 9 or thereabouts. This is Dequer's backyard. (The trading stopped when Phoebe started kindergarten - but the girls have remained friends all these passing years.)

I came to know and love Jenny. And years came and went. And life happened. But Jenny and I are still connected - isn't friendship a blessing?

No comments: