Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring and Proms

Actually I haven't been involved with a prom for a number of years. I guess it would be maybe when Hannah and Noah went up to Concord for the Mormon Prom.

And I'm not sure what started me thinking about proms. Maybe coming across this photo from my prom in May of 1962 - my date was Kim Hocker, senior class president. And I was cajoled into going - was jealous when my girl friends all went camping that night. And I had to use up my birthday money for the dress Alice made - of course she did a lovely job - but I think she and my mom were more excited than I was.

And then at dinner after the prom, I spilled gravy down the front of my dress.

Bonny destroyed all her prom photos - I don't have any anyway. Maybe that's why she did a Prom for her 30th birthday celebration - so she could bring the moment back and do it right!


And it attracted some very festive prom wear - and prom hair dos!


It was a "happening crowd" that night, that's for sure.

Harry's prom was a true 80's night to remember!!

I think Phoebe went to more proms than anyone, but this was the first photo I found.


Couldn't find a prom photo for Eliza - this Winter Formal will have to do for now.

You know, we are going to blink, and I will be posting prom photos for Ara and Ella!!

Where would we be without this American cultural icon?

There would be something to take it's place I'm sure.

If you are among the many who never went to a prom, you really didn't miss out on much.

At least from my point of view.

2 comments:

Alice said...

I don't remember ever going to Prom but I did go to one of the Girls' League formal dances and that was enough. You never feel comfortable and, since I was in charge of that particular dance, it was a very stressful night. They don't have Proms here in La Paz but they do have Senior Dances. Axel will go but everyone goes stag. That is the way to have fun in my opinion. All of your children looked great.

hanner said...

Remember my prom party for my 18th bday? That was fun.