Sunday, November 15, 2015

Gratitude Journal - blog style - post number 15!


I'm grateful for Cub Scouts - and for the opportunity to be working with them when our grandsons are part of the pack!
 

Had a great time working with Noah - Cub Day Camp - always a good experience - albeit a warm one sometimes!
 

And loved working with Harry too.  The ward didn't have a den for him - kept putting me off - so we recruited Damond and made our own den - and had a great time!

I've done a lot of "solo" Scouting with both of our boys - and it's actually not such a bad gig!!

When I was a teen, my mom, with 6 sons, was often the de facto Den Mother - as they used to be called.  And she recruited Alice and me all the time - it was pretty fun - and good training for being the mom of boys.

Scouting has come under fire of late, and there was apparently serious consideration given to the idea of the Church backing out of Scouts.  They chose not to - and if they do in the future, I'm sure the Church will have a great alternate plan for the current program.

Meanwhile, I will keep on enjoying my current role as Stake Cubmaster.  And loving those boys!!

No comments: