Sunday, November 22, 2015

Gratitude Journal - blog style - post number 22!


Grateful for a democracy that could handle the very horrific assassination  of John F. Kennedy.  I was an A student in American History, but that cold November day in 1963 was not like anything I had read in books. 

Over the years, much has been written - and I have read a lot of it.  After all the shouting and posturing and analysis and reflection, the nitty gritty is that we as a nation survived.  We had survived before.  And we have survived since.

It's comforting to know that we have a such a good system in place!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Matt and I started watching "The Man in the High Tower" last night. It's on Amazon Prime. You might find it interesting--a miniseries imagining the 1960s after Hitler and Japan won WWII. Based on a story by Philip K. Dick. Anyway we've only watched the pilot episode, but I thought it was good enough to keep watching.

Eliza said...

The 1960s in the United States, that is.

grannybabs said...

It does sound interesting. Thanks for the heads up - now I just need to remember it when we are wondering what to watch - I guess I should keep a log or something.