Friday, November 06, 2015

Gratitude Journal - blog style - post number 6!


I am so grateful that somehow I managed to go away to college.  I wanted to leave home, but life wasn't like it is now, and it wasn't automatic that you left.  I thought I wanted to go to UCSB, because lots of kids from my high school went there. But my mom said I couldn't go there.  The funny thing is, I totally paid my own way to college - not sure why I didn't realize that if I wanted to go somewhere else, I could just take myself there!

My brother Lyn went to the Y at the urging of another young man in our ward.  He and this young man mailed me a BYU application and I filled it out and sent it in.  I got back a scholarship application and sent that in too - and got a full tuition scholarship!  

Even funnier is that the summer before I went to BYU, I wanted my good friend Joy to go with me - so I got her an application and bugged until she sent it in - and she got in - in July!  And we got housing too!

Times have changed indeed! 


Going away, meeting new people, finding myself - all good things that might not have happened if I'd stayed home.

So grateful for the college years and the stamp they have left on my life!

No comments: