Friday, November 27, 2015

Gratitude Journal - blog style - post number 27!


This is one of the few shots of my entire family - it's my Grandpa Clayton with all of his grandchildren - the occasion was my brother Lyn's missionary farewell and David's blessing.

I am grateful for my family - all of them.  I don't know all of my cousins very well - but over the years, we have had more contact - and social media has helped.

There were lots of reasons why we didn't know each other well.  Back then, traveling distances without freeways and really good cars seemed a little daunting.  We had a big family and didn't always feel that everyone was comfortable with us descending on them. And apparently, we lived "out in the sticks" and everyone wasn't keen on going there!

For whatever reason, we didn't see each other much.  But my grandpa came out often.

And when you have a big crowd for a family, you don't often notice that there aren't other people there adding to the crowd!!

No comments: