Saturday, November 21, 2015

Gratitude Journal - blog style - post number 21!


Grateful for high school "beauty pageants" and the lessons they can teach us!!

When I was in high school, I was very active in student government.  So one year, my friends and I who were on the student council, ramrodded through the organization a requirement for the Homecoming Queen and princesses to have 3.5 GPA's.

The standard lasted through one event - but for that one event, my friend Patsy and I got on the court - mainly because no one else interested had the requisite GPA! 

It all turned out to be not quite as glamorous as I thought it would be.

And we didn't get crowns!!

But it's fun when you are playing those parlor games where people are trying to guess which statement about you is not true to have this up my sleeve.  Apparently I don't look like someone who would have been on a Homecoming Court!!

1 comment:

Amy Girl said...

Modest is truly hottest!