Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Birthday Presents


Dad has his heart in the right place, but sometimes he just can't find the gift that in his mind will be the perfect gift.

When there were 8 grandkids - about 6+ years ago.


Eight years ago, Harry and Dawn gave me this swing for Mother's Day. And it's gotten lots of use. And I've really enjoyed it. But it is getting pretty shabby.

So Dad wanted to get a new canopy and cushions for it. He couldn't find what he was looking for, so he told me what he wanted to give me. I rummaged around and found the booklet that came with the swing, so we have been able to order a new canopy.

Now we are working on the cushions. I told Dad not to feel bad that he hadn't come up with the gift he had in mind - we will be getting it, just in installments.

It's all in the packaging, after all!

No comments: