Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Testing, testing!!


We are wrapping up our testing week here at Clifton. I actually enjoy it, because the students are engaged and silent for 2 hours every morning for 4 days - and they are minimum days at that!! I can read, work, sort through files, do all kinds of work that never seems to get done at any other time. And for some reason, the students "respect" the notion of silence!!

I remember testing as a kid. I'm not sure how often it was done - perhaps all my memories have telescoped into one big memory.

We took the Iowa Tests. And I distinctly remember the questions where they showed you a picture of a hand or a foot and asked if it was the right or left! And I always had to surreptitiously salute the flag so I'd know which was my right hand or foot!! I did that for a lot of years - and have been known to do it a time for two or five as an adult!!

I'm definitely spatially challenged!

Some things never change!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I always loved testing days in elementary school-- I would race through each test section so that I could then pull out my current novel to read! Nothing was better then "silent reading time!"