Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wedding Bells Are Ringing!!


I have a friend with a daughter getting married, and she asked me about finding wedding dresses with sleeves - especially three-quarter sleeves. I have sent out feelers to my sources, but I did a little sleuthing myself.

As I googled various and sundry iterations of "wedding dresses with sleeves, vintage dresses, retro wedding dresses" etc, I came across the above image.

I'm pretty sure my mom made this dress for someone - maybe not for a wedding or even a bridesmaid dress - I'm just pretty sure I've seen it before.

I love seeing old patterns I recognize!!

And if you have suggestions for my friend, as in specific stores or sites online, let me know!!

Always eager to help out a bride-to-be!!

1 comment:

Hester said...

I ended up finding a a normal dress that I loved online, bought it, and took it to a seamstress to be copied in white silk. I loved the finished product and I felt it was worth the extra cost.