Sunday, May 08, 2011

Saturday night musings


Several years ago I was visiting Michelle Silcock, and she showed me around her garden. She pointed out a rose bush she had planted just to get a particular bloom for her daughter's wedding bouquet. It was the Marilyn Monroe Rose. I mentioned that I thought it was striking, so Helen then proceeded to get a Marilyn Monroe rose bush for me. It does not produce lots of blooms - I'm sure I'm not doing something right. But the ones it does produce are beautiful!!

A big shout out to Robbie for sending me the link to order Quaker Puffed Rice by the case!! I cannot find Quaker Puffed Rice anymore - no one seems to stock it anymore - now I am covered. Mmm - you know it was my Grandma Stevens who introduced me to Quaker Puffed Rice. (No off-brands for me - only the original!!)


Took Mom and Donna to lunch today. And then a marathon shopping excursion around the Northridge Mall. For someone who hates to shop - which would be both Mom and me - we have been doing a lot of shopping together of late!! But Mom found what she was looking for - watch for pics from Donna! (I found a black skirt too - and you all know you can never have too many black skirts!!)

Side note: Donna called out my name - I was looking through the racks - and the woman next to me said, "My name is Barbara too." We had a nice conversation about how no one is named Barbara anymore except those of us of a certain generation. Having the same name as someone is quite the bonding experience!


Harry knows how to pick his women - he and Margit Holakoi know how to pick the flowers too!


And a florist deliveryman brought me a corsage today - the note said, "Happy Mother's Day from Bonny and the Bolanders." Sounds like a singing group from American Bandstand or something!!

I will post a photo of me wearing it on Mother's Day!!

Got a phone call from Leslie. We had a nice chat. Got a nice longish email from Alice. That was nice too.

It was a good day!!

No comments: