Friday, May 27, 2011

Father/Sons Campout

Dad is off to Father/Sons with Harry, Porter, and Baby Harry. Noah usually declines these days - his Friday nights are probably more seductive than a short night in a tent! And Dad may come back home later. And maybe go back up for breakfast - wouldn't exactly appeal to me either!!

But to a little boy, I guess it's just the best thing ever. I know Harry and Noah were always excited to go when they were younger. And I know my brothers always went with my dad - he was not a camper at all - I think he always slept in the back of the station wagon! But it has its allure, that's for sure!

One year Dad took Porter because Harry had to work I think. He was amazed at how Porter hurried to bed and then said, "Okay, now let's tell scary stories!"

Since I've never been to the Father/Sons Campout, I'm not sure why Dad doesn't take many pictures. Or maybe he has and never given them to me! But I'm pretty sure there would be more to choose from if I'd been there! This was what I could rustle up:

Harry with Noah in 1989.


Dad with Noah in 1994 - that's Craig Burdette in the turquoise jacket.

Noah in 1990.


Noah with John Hanke in 1995.

Here's to lots of rollicking fun at the old campground tonight!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I know my boys love it. It is funny how much they talk about it through the year.