Wednesday, May 04, 2011

A Morning in May


I step outside each morning, heading off to work. We live on a lovely street. If it's gray or foggy, the mountains look shrouded and mysterious. If it's cold and windy, the sky is crystal clear. If it's damp and rainy, there is a soft, damp feel to everything. And if, as it has been for the past many mornings, it is blue-sky sunny, all the colors of the leaves and flowers simply jump at you - with joy it seems!

Our yard is nothing spectacular - but it is home and it is colorful!


And I smile often when I think about all the years and activities this yard has seen and been a part of .


And my tree - let me just say that I love my tree - and it is shading the living room. And it's providing food and shelter for the little birds that come to the feeder it holds.


The vivid colors of bougainvillea - can I just say that their tissue-thin blossoms make me smile every morning as I head out.


And finally the hedge - the hedge Dad keeps threatening to dig out and eliminate - I like it. I think anything that dresses up in showy blooms deserves to stay!!

I love May mornings!!

1 comment:

Amy Girl said...

I do love spring and its beautiful blooms!