Saturday, November 01, 2014

A month of gratitude


Checking the blogs, I saw that Eliza had resumed her yearly habit of posting a note of gratitude each day in November.  I can't even remember if I did that last year or any year, but decided to try it this year anyway!

As I was driving home from the market today,  I noted the dark clouds banked over the San Gabriels, and I thought about how today I am truly feeling thankful for the rain!  Not sure what has prompted this response, but there could be a few reasons.

First of all, we just got back from a road trip up to Oregon.  Along the way, it's pretty obvious that we are in a drought.  Fields are dry, lakes are low, and in the farming regions, there are signs galore pointing out the drought conditions!

Also, while we were at Phoebe's, it rained just about every day - and it was glorious!!  So green and fresh as we walked along the forest trails that border Phoebe's home!

I am so grateful for the rain!!

(The above photo was the only "rain" photo in my collection - when it rained, Andrew and Noah loved to go out and stand in it with their ponchos and umbrellas.)

No comments: