Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Month of Gratitude


This summer, Eliza indulged my whim and found the grave of F. Scott Fitzgerald, so we went and visited.  (His wife and daughter are also buried there.)  I have read every book he's published, and I enjoy his writing.  (I used to pick authors and then read everything they wrote!  I kind of do that now, but not as often.)

I'm so glad that somewhere along the line, I came to love reading and literature and words and writing.  I "accidentally" became an English major - and I'm glad about that too!  (My roommate Pat said, "What are you majoring in?"  And I said, "Oh, I don't know, what's a major?"  She said, "Well, what did you take in high school?"  I said that I'd taken a lot of math but didn't think I wanted to major in math.  I said I'd taken Latin, but I was pretty sure I didn't want to major in Latin.  Then I said I'd always wanted to learn French, so maybe I should major in French.  She said, "Language majors are too hard.  How about English?"  And that's how it happened!)

I love a good book!  So thankful for books and libraries and reading - and my Kindle!!

No comments: