Wednesday, November 05, 2014


Eve came home excited and happy this evening after a YW activity.  I am so grateful that my daughters and granddaughters love Young Women.  It certainly wasn't the program it is now when I was in Young Women, but I loved it then.  And I love it now.

I'm grateful that there has always been a place for girls to grow and develop into wonderful women.  I loved being a Beehive, a Mia Maid, and a Laurel.  I loved seeing my daughters go through the program.  I love watching them work in the program in their own wards.  I loved serving in the Young Women as an advisor, a counselor, a ward president and a stake counselor in the YW presidency, and of course I always loved Girls' Camp.

A caveat here:  In Centerville, Utah, while I was still pretty young, I served as Camp Director and as Mia Maid advisor.  I had less than sterling experiences.  But I love that I survived the experiences so that I could do a better job later on!!

So grateful for the Young Women programs!!

No comments: