Saturday, November 15, 2014

Month of Gratitude









For the last 12 or 13 years, Jen Knudsen has been coloring, cutting, and styling my hair.  As we all know, getting the right haircut can make all the difference in the world.  

This is getting ready to change for me, because Jen is no longer coming out to Monrovia once a month to serve the clients who came to depend on her! (She several years ago moved away to Murrietta but came back monthly.)  She is actually finishing her degree, and I support her 100% in that effort.

But I will have to find someone new.  Or just let my hair grow unchecked.

Except for the ridiculous spiral perm phase, I pretty much either have had short hair or long hair or in-between hair.  Actually, they covers all options doesn't it?  And I don't go in for complicated "do's."  But I have thick, wavy, opinionated hair - and Jen seemed to understand it!

I'm sure I will survive.  But I am certainly grateful to have had an excellent stylist - and wonderful friend and conversationalist - for these past years!

No comments: