Saturday, February 18, 2006

It's Still Friday in My Mind!


The thing about computers is you just can't fudge! This is Friday's Fave Foto - on Saturday! I have been up late sewing an apron for Heather Warner - it is her shower tomorrow.

Your dad and I were watching the the CleanFlix version of "Rainman" - which I enjoyed - I have had a number of autistic students over the last 5 years - and so I felt Dustin Hoffman had done a remarkably good job of making the character real - unlike "Forrest Gump" who did a disservice to disabled individuals with his parody of someone with limitations.

My autistic students aren't too lovable - well, they aren't "lovable" at all, but I love them anyway - and they teach me much about finding everyone's individual worth.

This photo is Christmas 1984 - when I was sick and pregnant with Hannah - I think the older kids remember that Christmas well. I'm not sure why I posted it - except it certainly captures the essence of morning sickness - I won't bore you with the nitty gritty!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Phoebe: "Look, Mommy, I got you glue sticks for your hot glue gun. Aren't you happy with them, Mommy? Why aren't you happy with them?"

I agree re: Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. One of the few movies made along these lines that didn't make me gag (I Am Sam, anyone? ugh).

bonny with a Y said...

ahhhh - i remember that christmas well.

i remember that mom didn't get my photo album done because she was too sick - and i'm now grateful because i don't have to peel all the pix out of an old non-acid free album.

and i'm sorry you didn't like forrest gump - i liked it - but then i think tom hanks is an acting genius.

i did like rain man too. i though dustin hoffman was a genius as well.

love these pix - so do the girls.