Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday Night At Home


Dad's using a picture he took of me with my "trophy" as a screen saver. I'm not sure how I feel about it - it's not a bad picture, but like my old roommate Janet says, "How can I look so old. I always think of myself as still 21!"

I don't think of myself as 21, particularly, but I'm usually taken aback a bit when I see myself in a mirror - I feel younger than I look most of the time - that's a misplaced modifier, but you get my drift.

So here's a photo with some Terrill and Kerksiek ladies looking much younger than any of them look now - and they all look great - and young - now.

It's all pretty relative - and these relatives are all pretty too!

4 comments:

grannybabs said...

I forgot to note the presence of a young Clayton lady - who still looks pretty young - we Clayton women get that genetically - but it may be a Stevens trait!!

Eliza said...

I was just thinking, actually, that you looked very pretty in the trophy picture. That's probably what Dad thinks too.

I remember that nightgown--I think it had Belle as in Snoopy & Belle on it. I think I also had a Barbie-sized one just like it. For my Barbie.

I also remember the sweater Phoebe's wearing. Hannah and I both wore it also.

Alice said...

It is taken at the house on 2900 West. I was taken back. I hadn't thought about that place in a long time. We lived there for 17 years and they were good years. I, too, hate to look in the mirror. I simply don't recognize that person.

bonny with a Y said...

i miss my green and white striped pants