Monday, February 20, 2006

Sunday, Monday, Can't Trust That Day!


Our internet connection was down for a day and a half - got a lot done! (Ha, Ha!) It was a pretty busy weekend, so we didn't have much time to check it anyway, but it's always what you can't have that you want!!

So I guess I could post two pictures, but I posted three on Saturday, so we're probably okay!!

This is Dad, in our apartment on Douglas Street in SLC in 1969 - when he was in graduate school at the U. Dad didn't have much to do - I worked, he went to school - so he played with the cat - our beloved Amado - which would be redundant if you spoke Spanish!

He's always been very creative at playing with our cats. I think he thought the hat would amuse Amado - it certainly amused me!!

10 comments:

grannybabs said...

I'm not sure why it posted the picture twice - I didn't think I clicked anything twice - but I'm not going to fix it right now - the grilled cheese is burning!

bonny with a Y said...

i love cats - esp siamese ones.

grannybabs said...

Dad's wearing a "golf" sweater a la Mr. Rogers - I'd forgotten about that sweater - we had it around here for a lot of years.

hanner said...

I can't get over this picture. Dad getting caught in the act.

One thing that I've noticed with all of these pictures is that most of the styles are totally back. And ready for action.

Eliza said...

How about how Dad has worn the same kind of Levi's for the past bajillion years?

That's what I like.

bonny with a Y said...

but he's given up the white socks. probably a good thing.

bonny with a Y said...

but he should bring back the hat and the cardigan.

although ara seems to be bringing back the zippered cardigan single handedly.

the child sleeps in hers.

grannybabs said...

It's not a zippered cardigan, so maybe my Mr. Rogers comparison was somewhat inaccurate - maybe it's more Perry Como or Andy Williams - or Bing Crosby!!

HPT said...

I thought the meaningful part of the wardrobe was the shoes. Converse, of course. The sweater I had gotten in high school. And I can't remember what I was doing with the bag on my head.
And what about the black and white striped wall paper? Now that was a really cool living room.

bonny with a Y said...

you definitely need to bring back the wallpaper - or i should