Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sweet Thursday!!




These are rather old, decrepit looking photos from Uncle Paul's polaroid - one of the first I think. It is Christmas of '62 or '63 judging from how old Lyn looks.

The man with the cane is my dad's Uncle Norman Busath - he was my grandmother's brother. He was disabled and worked as the janitor at the Hollywood Ward building for many years. We used to go pick him up for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Grandpa Peter A. Clayton is in the photos - you can probably guess most of the others.

There appears to be a little girl with long, dark hair. That is my cousin Kim's doll - that she had gotten for Christmas!

5 comments:

Alice said...

Again, some pictures that I have never seen, or don't remember seeing them. Email me copies, please. I have already sent off the ones that you email.

Donna said...

Where am I??? I see Leslie but no me. Had to ask Joan (she is visiting) who these people are. the year has to be 1961. Lyn was on his mission at christmas 1962 according to Joan.

bonny with a Y said...

maybe you were in that torn part at the top of the pic.

grannybabs said...

Lots of us are not in the pix - like where is Dad? Maybe we were in the kitchen sneaking treats!

grannybabs said...

Good point Jacob - I just don't want to bore anyone! The big group shot is Ann Powell, my dad's stepsister, Alice and Bill - the man whose head you can't see is Grandpa Clatyon! It's Richard who is leaning down, then Lyn with Leslie and Bobby and Mary. There is a shot of Great Grandpa Clayton with Leslie and then the shot with my dad's Uncle Norman has Grandma Clayton in it.