Friday, November 15, 2013

A sobering thought


The post below this is about Mr. Gatto, my high school art teacher and yearbook advisor.  It's a sad, tragic story.  But I went through my old yearbook and found this shot of him - and read what he'd written.  It was encouraging and positive.

I am grateful for teachers - especially public school teachers - who were always helpful and supportive of me in my growing up years.  

My life is different because of them.  I am mostly sorry I didn't make an effort sooner to let them know that!

1 comment:

Ye Ole Feistys said...

Well said, Barbara. Mr. Gatto was indeed an important influence in my life, too. And you have involved yourself in art. You love and appreciate and recognize good art. You also have two very fine artists in your personal life and an interior designer who considers you to be her BFF. The artists would be your son-in-law, Bruce and yours and Harry's close friend, Ry (Gay N.) as I remember him from our collage days. Mr. Gatto is the only person, in my life, to have ever been murdered! Thank goodness! It seems surreal? Thank you for the newspaper clipping--it came in today's mail. I so hope this terrible murder can be solved and the person responsible brought to justice. I know you will keep me in the loop.