Wednesday, November 20, 2013

So grateful for good women!!


This is a photo from one of Bonny's bridal showers - the one Margaret gave her.  And it shows Shirley Heslop, Polly Bourgeous, and Ida Smith sitting behind a couch - not playing the "make a bride dress out of toilet paper game" and just visiting instead.  I distinctly remember asking them why they were sitting it out when Meriba Cornia was digging right in!

I think Ida said "We're old ladies - we need to sit."  And Polly just smiled and said they had enough people doing it.  And Shirley just smiled.

I love these women.  I miss Ida.  And I miss the years I spent walking in the mornings with Shirley and Polly.

I am so grateful for all the good women friends I have had over the years.  And I still have great women friends and look forward to more years of rewarding friendships.


No comments: