Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Thank you, thank you very much!"

My visiting time with Hannah, Robbie, and little Rhoda Primrose is drawing to a close.  I am so thankful that I have been able to be here.  The ability to be with our children when their children are born has been a blessing indeed.  A blessing I cherish, because it allows me to feel an important bond with these wonderful children - right from the start!

It's a time of cocooning almost.  Some days I don't even go outside.  It's chilly but beautiful, and when I have gone outside, it's been satisfying and invigorating.  But we are not so concerned with what is going on outside - we are focusing on establishing this new little member into the family unit.

We - that is Robbie and I - cook and clean and organize and fetch and carry and watch some TV too.  We talk and talk and talk - it's wonderful to have great conversations without any pressure to get other things done instead.

We go to bed early - or late - and rise early - or late - depending mostly on Miss Rhoda.  But there's no definitive schedule yet.  Why is that so liberating??  Schedules are important and we are working on establishing one.  But they don't rule us yet.  And the lovely Miss Rhoda doesn't "rule" us either, since we want to meet her every need - it's the reason we are all here together.

I am so thankful for the circle of life and my role in it right now!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It makes me so happy to read about this time you are spending with Hannah, Robbie and Rhoda.