Sunday, November 10, 2013

Autumn on the East Coast

Typing up blog posts on my iPad seems to preclude photos - I am busy taking lots of them and will do a blog post when I return - but for now I need to express my gratitude in words. Since I fancy myself something of a wordsmith, that ought not to be too hard, right??

But fall in DC is almost too exquisite for words.  We don't go out much - we've gone for 3 walks - but a tiny newborn and a new mom mostly need to hang out at home!!  But I have wonderful views of the leaves and the trees and the breezes blowing and even the sunset and sunrise - babies facilitate such viewing times!!

The reds and greens and yellows and oranges are massed in gorgeous array - the leaves are falling - the sidewalks are full of dry leaves.  Some flowers are still blooming - mostly mums and some roses -    all together they create a palette of color that pleases the eye indeed.  

"Glory be to God for dappled things . . . "

Grateful for all things beautiful - and Gerard Manley Hopkins!

No comments: