Friday, November 08, 2013

The month of gratitude goes on and on - as well it should!

Today I read about the death of an old college roommate's husband.  Patti and I have stayed in touch over the years.  We have visited a time or two also.  Even so, the news was shocking and saddening.

Patti and I, along with another friend Kay, all got married in December of 1967.  Each year as our anniversary approached, I would think, "Well, Patti and John and Kay and Steve are celebrating too."

I would often think about how much fun it would be to get together for our anniversaries.  But Kay and Steve were in the Navy - Steve was a chaplain - and Patti and John lived in Northern California.  So my great idea never went anywhere.

But we did stay in touch - I am grateful for that.

And we did get in some visits over the years - I am grateful for that.

And all of us were sealed in the temple - I am especially grateful for that!

No comments: