Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful for lessons learned!


If you are of a certain age, you will be able to answer the question "Where were you when you found out John Kennedy had been assassinated?" with striking detail.

Joy and I were in the library - and Joy suggested I take the above photo.  At the time, I'm pretty sure I didn't realize it would always be significant.

Though I am not thankful that Kennedy was shot and killed, I am thankful that in spite of such a great tragedy, the nation moved forward almost seamlessly.  I am grateful that we were able to read the news, that information was not withheld from us.  I do not hold to the conspiracy theory, and I am grateful that in we remained "one nation, under God."

How you perform under duress is a measure of your quality and stature.  We all came out okay.  I am grateful that our government, in spite of the partisan bickering that seems to have taken hold these days, is still a steady ship of state.

No comments: