Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thankful for Grandma Birthday Weekends!!


At some point in time, I came up with the idea of Grandma Birthday Weekends.  They are sometimes as different as the grandchildren themselves, but they do have common elements.  They usually include breakfast or lunch or dinner out - or all three.  Or breakfast, lunch, and dinner "in" but grandkid's choice.  

They include a shopping trip - often to Target or Marshall's or Kohls - especially if I have a $20 off coupon for Kohls!

And Grandpa Bob usually tells a story - along with Milanos and milk.

Sometimes they include a sewing project or other craft project.

For the girls, they usually include a mani/pedi outing.  Once Agnes told me how much she loved that part of the tradition.  I mentioned that I wished there was something like mani/pedis for boys.  And she said, "Oh, just go buy them a Nerf ball."

They always include a very good time - I love spending time with each of our grandchildren.

And this weekend is Ella's turn.

So thankful for Ella and all the great Terrill grandkids!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a wonderful thing for you and your grand-kids.